- Exposure flexibility.
- Great Software
- USB cable
- NTSC cable
- QuickTime Movies
- Good Compression
- Great low light ability
- Discontinued (just when you
think you find a good product they kill it).
This is my own personal choice
for a digital camera. I did some serious looking at all the digicam's
out there before I landed on this one. My friend AJ who was a
bit of a photog pointed me in this direction and the price match
from Fry's Electronics for a 200$ savings was nice as well.
The first thing that jumps out
at you is the fact that the lens is a F1.8 - F2.6 with a 3X optical
zoom. This baby has great manual controls and a pretty good compact
design though I am having a tough time finding a camera case
to hold it presently.
The long term test results won't
be in for a while as I just got this baby on the 15th of June
so stay tuned here for any updates.
- 2.11-megapixel CCD delivering
up to 1,600 x 1,200-pixel resolution images.
- 1.8-inch, color LCD display.
- Super Bright f/1.8-2.6 3x Zoom
7.1-21.3mm aspherical glass lens (equivalent to a 40-120mm lens
on a 35mm camera).
- 1-2.5x Digital Zoom (up to 5X
in VGA mode).
- Manual and Automatic Focus control.
- Shutter speeds from 1/800 to
16 seconds for still images; 1/10,000 to 1/30 second for movies.
- Program, Aperture Priority,
Shutter Priority, and Manual exposure modes.
- Spot or Digital ESP metering
- Auto Bracketing, Sequence Shooting,
and Panoramic capture modes.
- Adjustable White Balance with
six settings, plus a WB color adjustment function.
- Built-in flash with four operating
modes, plus Slow Sync mode.
- QuickTime Movie mode with edit
- Five-pin external flash socket.
- JPEG and uncompressed TIFF file
- Images saved to SmartMedia (8MB
- 8MB internal memory buffer (SDRAM)
- USB cable for fast connection
to a computer.
- NTSC video cable.
- Software CD with Olympus' Camedia
Master 2.5 utility software (includes QuickTime and USB drivers).
- DPOF (Digital Print Order Format)
compatibility and print settings.
- Power from two CR-V3 battery
packs (included), or four AA batteries (AC adapter optional).